04 November 2007

Worst shopping trip; Crowded Qipu but good pubbing trip; Face Bar

65th day in Shanghai (03/11/07)

Couldn’t get a lot of sleep and woke up at abt 9.30am to watch my HK series shows.

Kim went off to Tony & guy to have her hair cut at 9.55am but I didn’t want to go coz I heard from my friend that she will be seating in a classroom and a professional will be cutting her hair with a class of students watching.

Tony & Guy Academy is giving free haircuts for their customer as it is the students (soon to be hair styler) that will be cutting their hair as a practice. Either that or the teacher will be cutting and a class of students will be seating in to see how the teacher cut.

Met with Jie Ying to meet Kim after her haircut (not too bad) and went for lunch at a Korean Restaurant. After lunch, I went up to Tony & Guy Academy to make an appointment coz I also want to have my hair cut.

(I have registered my name but they didn’t call me. Kim helped me check and found out that my number that I gave them was wrong. So they couldn’t contact me =( )

And lucky us, we can get our hair cut tmr coz one hair styler wanted to practice cutting hair. (Occasionally, they will want to practice cutting hair. In the Salon, they got to cut very quickly. But in the Academy, they can take their time and cit it very slowly, to see the alignment and stuffs.

Headed to Qipu rd after that and when we reached there, the whole place was crowded with humans!!!

Maybe it was near winter and everyone is there to buy their winter clothing. The crowd is like during CNY eve, the Chinatown crowd. It was super crazy.

We shopped until pek sek cox it was stuffy inside the mall, people squeezing through the crowd, shouting and everything.

It was the worst trip I ever have compared to the last few when I went there. But still, we manage to get some stuffs =)

And with the many things that we bought, we got to walk all the way to the Train station, which was like 300 metres away.

Went back home slack for a few hours and Jie Ying, Joanne and myself head to Face Bar, a place Tracy recommended.

The place is actually quite near my place but still; we got to take a cab in coz it is quite deserted; The place is at the mansion area where it will enter one gate and it’s like a house on it’s own.

When we reached there, someone open the cab door for us and I was like ‘oh, not too bad. Some one actually open the cab door for us. ' (well, normally it’s only at hotel that u get this kind of service. Not when you go to a pub right??)

One look and I feel that the place was quite classy. The structures, the displaces, etc…

Since Tracy told us that the manager, Vance was a Singaporean, we decided to look for him. But he was busy at that time. And the funny thing was that no on entertain us when we went in. We got to ask the staff if there is a table for 3 before she bring us to our seat -_- Bad impression…

And the table was outside the bar. The whole ambience was very quite.. Not very pub that kind. Haha

Ordered our staffs and Vance came over to look for us. He helped us arrange 3 seats at the bar counter and had some chats with him. It was then I realized that Face Bar is actually one of the famous bar around.

It is one of the recommended bars in most of the famous Travel Guides and is very popular among Caucasians. The whole place look pleasant. I like it =)

He was nice enough to tour us around the place. They had 2 restaurants, selling Thai (which was the most expensive Thai restaurant in Shanghai) and Indian food.

Their toilet is quite cool too. They got this mini bed inside it.. So the first thought was… hmm… But Vance told me that that place used to be a hotel, so the mini bed used to be a bathtub. And yea, they don’t allow 2 or more person in the toilet at any time. Haha

Had a long talk with him till abt2+am till the place close. And I think we were the last customers that went off so there wasn’t any cab left for us. Got to walk all the way out to the gate to catch the taxi.

Reached home at 2.50am and lucky for us, there were still Shao Kao (Joanne’s craving came back).

Slp at 3+am and got to wake up early coz we got to clean up the hse and go for our appointment at 2pm.

No comments: