06 November 2007

Singapore Food!!!

68th day in Shanghai (06/11/07)

Work started at 9am as usual, and as usual, we were 10 mins late.

So while doing the boring routine of calling for arrival time, Yu Hong called me saying that one of the function rooms got a lot of pastries/food and asked us if we want to go down and eat.

Told Kim and she immediately replied saying ‘YES’ without realizing what excuse can we give to leave the office (go to the toilet?? No way man. Coz there is one in the office
-_-)

So I just anyhow take a book and act as if I need to look for someone and leave the office for the foods =)

Spend almost 30mins there eating and getting some notes from Yu Hong before going back to the boring city.

Halfway through the day, I got this craving for Singapore food. Then I remembered Vance told us that Parkson got this Singapore restaurant, Crossroad that is not too bad.

Msged Joanne and the rest to see if they wanna go and try out. So after work, Kim and I meet up with Joanne at the train station.

And like what we use to do in Singapore, I will wait for Joanne to call me and I will board the train when it arrived.
And because it was peak period, there were like ‘thousand’ of people in the station. We practically got squeezed into the train. Kim almost couldn’t get in and I got to pull her all the way in. Everyone was like packed together.

And I think like Singaporeans, when the door opens at the next stop, people that don’t want to alight will just stand there, not giving way to the people that needs to get out and those people will then need to squeeze their way out.

So through out the whole journey, with the coats in our hands and the thick clothing we were on, it was so super stuffy and hot.

Imagine during the super-freezing period where everyone is with his or her super thick coats. How stuffy can the whole train be when they turn on the heater.

Okie well, we alighted at the wrong stations and to not squeeze and be stuffy again, we decided to take a cab down.

Reached there and both Kim and I wanted to order like lots of food coz they have almost everything. Curry Chicken, Rojak, Mee Goreng, Laksa, Nasi Lemak, Chilli Crab, Ice Kachang, BoBo ChaCha, etc etc…

But the sad thing is that they don’t have Tao Suan. I am so missing it!!!

In the end, we ordered Mee Goreng, Nasi Lemak, Curry Chick and TaoFu Goreng. All the food was that bad but can’t be compared to Singapore’s one. But at least, the taste is there.

Finished almost everything we were super full after that. Walk around the area and that place is so expensive. Went into some of the boutiques and I got shock by the pricing. One normal top (quite nice) is about RMB500. That is so crazy lah.

With RMB500, I can buy like lots of stuff in Qipu rd. That was then I realized that Huai Hai road is full of all the super rich people. That is the place where I can see all the real rich Shanghaiese. The cars they have are really nice too.

And the coolest thing is that most of the drivers are young ladies!! They are just so cool man!!!

But that is just so not our place once we went to Qipu rd. And besides, the pricing is way too expensive. (so much more expensive then Singapore)

Took the train home and walk around Ba Bai Ban area and yes.. That is then our paradise =) hehe.

Meet up with Jun Wei and his family and we walked along the streets together. It was quite funny at first coz it really a big group. It’s like bringing a tour group there to shop.

So Joanne and I decided to just walk in front and not follow that big group.

Went there the 3rd time to find the lady that sell my lost ring but still couldn’t find her =(

Went back home and then to Jie Ying’s house again (I went over yesterday to talk and crap with her for a few hours) till about 1.30am before going back to slp.

No comments: