21 November 2007

Happy Birthday =)

83rd day in Shanghai (21/11/07)

This few days wasn’t very pleasant for me coz I am feeling a bit sick due to the change in weather.

So, have been taking cab to work for the past 2 days as both Kim and I got lazy and wanted to slack a bit at home first before heading to work.

And for the past 2 days, I have been dozing off during work coz work is way too boring.. Imagine I got to face the computer from 9am to 6pm keying in data (okie, I do surf the net sometimes but still, it is way too boring… I am so not office girl type).

But well, today is my birthday =)
Went to work as usual, surf the net for one hour before they got DGS (Global Distribution System) for me to key in. After awhile, I heard someone quite far away saying ‘Happy Birthday’. I raised my head and realized that it was Nancy’s birthday too.

Wow.. I got the same birthday as my boss…

Waited very long for lunch time and we went to Zhen Da in hope that there wasn’t any queue at the Chinese restaurant coz we wanted to eat congee. But bad enough, there will always be a queue esp during lunch time.

Headed to level 8 to try out this pasta restaurant, Saizaiya which was strongly recommended by Joanne and the food there is just CHEAP!!! One plate of pasta cost RMB 9. The serving is quite big and best of all, the food is nice =)

I can’t even get a plate of pasta for $3 in the hawker back home let alone in a restaurant. Both Kim and I are so going to be regular customers there.

Went back to the office, ate Nancy’s birthday cake-fruitcake and waited even longer for work to end.

Finally 6pm reached, went to change out and met Joanne on the train. And again, it was the super peak period where everyone will just squeeze into the train. (it was my 3rd time taking the train during peak period???)

Met Jie Ying at Raffles City to try out this Brazil Restaurant, serving meat buffet. But the dinner was super disappointing.. Compared to the one at Sixth Avenue, Brazil Churrascaria, this meat buffet is super sucky. The meat was tough and dry, the service sucks like hell, the variety was super limited, the pineapple wasn’t gilled, etc…

There is this incident that totally pissed me off. So in this restaurant, they will clear away all the dirty food on your plate so that u will have the space to put more meat. In other words, they do not change a new plate for you.

So while the rest went to take deserts then one of the waitresses came to clear the plates (in Chinese)

‘excuse me, can I clear away the unwanted food?’

‘yea’

(she was putting all the unwanted food on another plate)

‘er, why not just give her a new plate’

‘oh, our restaurant do not change plates for the customer. We just clear away the food’

‘then the plate is so dirty already. How do you expect me to eat it using that plate??’

‘er.. okie, I will go and change it. Do you want me to change all the plate?’

‘forget it’

Then she came over to my seat, took my plate to clear away all the unwanted food. I have got a lot of food on my plate coz the food was quite terrible for consumption.

And as I placed my folk and knife nicely on the table, she can just happily take my folk and use it as a wiper to sweep all the food on my plate to the plate of rubbish.

‘Excuse me, I still want to eat with that folk. What the hell are you doing?’

‘oh, I know. I am removing all the food from you plate so you can use the pate.’

‘And do you expect me to use the folk again?’

‘er.. because there are a lot of food of the plate so…’

‘so am I suppose to use the folk that u are using to sweep away all my unwanted food to the plate of rubbish??’

LIKE WHERE THE HELL ARE THEIR BRAINS LAH!! OMG!!!

‘nvm, get me a new one.’ (rolling my eyes already)

I really don’t understand why do they even have customers patronizing their restaurant. They hygiene level is near negative already I think..

After the disappointing dinner, I wanted to eat ice cream so we ended up at this Haagen Daiz shop nearby. Eating ice-cream in the cold!!! SHIOK!!!


Waited for Angela to come and join us before I cut my birthday cake=)

While eating the ice-creams, there were a lot of beggars that came over to beg for either food or money.. One of them was even carrying a baby boy. How idiot can all this people be?? All of them have got their limbs and there they are, not working but begging for money!!

So as I thought that the place was very near Nan Jing Dong Rd, I took Angela to give me a call when she reached and I will go and find her. Little will I expect that the Train station is like 300m away from Haagen Daiz.

Found her, went back to Haagen Daiz and cut my birthday cake, Black forest =) one of my favorite cake hehe


My Birthday Cake!!!

Thanks Girls =)

Making a wish =)

Jie Ying said that the cake was freshly baked coz when she went to buy it, the cake was already sold out and she got to wait for 20mins for the pâtissier to bake one (I think just assembling everything together coz all the ingredients are ready already).

Super fresh cake=)


By the time we finish eating and crapping, it was near 11pm already. Wanted to go to some clubs but since Jie Ying was in the wrong attire, Kim’s shoes lost it’s rubber and Angela wasn’t feeling very well plus I am quite tired too, we decided to give a miss.

On the way home, as i was holding on to the left-over cake(for tomorrow breakfast) that we cant finish, there was this lady beggar holding on to a small boy came begging for the cake. The little boy wanted to snatch the cake from me and that lady, which I will assume is the mother kept asking him to say 'thank you jiejie. I very hungry can give me the cake?? (in chinese)'

Like why on earth will these parents be so irresponsible towards their kids?? Teaching them how to beg.. SHit them lah!!!

Reached home, slacked till midnight before heading to the bed.

And I am quite happy to receive all the birthday wishes from emails, Friendster, Facebook and even phonecalls from family and friends =)

Far away from home and I can’t celebrate with them.. But well, so gleeful that they still remember my birthday. Thanks guys!!! for all the wishes =)

No comments: