20 December 2007

Angela birthday dinner @ Fusion

112 day in Shanghai (20/12/07)

Today is the 2nd I haven’t been doing anything at work. Yes, totally nothing. All I did was just reach office, check my mails, chat on msn and phone, play Friendster and Facebook’s games.

And it’s not that I didn’t do my work but they have got nothing for me to do. I am supposed to be doing GDS this week but because it’s Christmas period, the occupancy rate is very low and they themselves have got nothing to do.

So in the end they just did the GDS I am supposed to do.

After this week, I will be spending one week with my family and then back to F&B department on 31st dec… last day of the year.

Might want to go to B.A.T.S, one of the restaurant bar in the hotel but got no idea if the training manger allows me to go there together with Joanne.

Anw, after work together, I went over to the Lujiazui train station to buy my Nokia phone batt as the old one has got something wrong with it.

After that, went to 正大广场 to look for Joanne and Angela as Angela is having her 4th haircut in Shanghai at Tony and Guy Academy.

Met Yu Hong back in the hotel at 7pm and we headed off to HuaiHai road to this penang restaurant, Fusion.

Thought that it is a buffet restaurant as Angela had buffet the previous time she was there. It ended up to be A la Carte.

Was quite disappointed as all of us were already in the mood of having buffet, eating all the different dishes they have.. plus we were all supper hungry. So we were thinking of changing a place for dinner to celebrate Angela’s birthday.

But the service was very good and the waiter even allows us to have their set-lunch as a set-dinner.

So in the end, we decided to stay and all 5 of us ordered 5 different main dishes; Prawn Noodles, Curry Chicken Rice, Mice Meat Noodle, Mee Goreng Fried Kway Tiao plus one Malay Gangkong, 2 and us ordered different dishes to share Curry puffs and Spring roll.

Kim, Angela and Yu Hong ordered teh tarek and both Joanne and I ordered fresh orange juice.

Was super satisfied and all of us were darn full after dinner. We still thought that we wouldn’t be that full at first and wanted to order Nasi Lemak too.

And although the food wasn’t really that fantastic, it is much better then Crossroad in terms of the food and service. Heard that the chef is a Malaysian.. Maybe that explains =)
Thumbs up =)

After dinner, took a walk all the way to People’s square (one train stop away) to digest a bit and window shopped while seeing the Christmas decorations.

Walked pass one tunnel while going home and at first, I saw some people laying things on the floor. I thought they are those roadside seller so didn’t really bother about them.

Then when we walked pass the tunnel again because we went the wrong way, I realized that they are beggars that have no home and they are laying their blankets on the floor getting ready to sleep.

And the place gets smellier when they start to open up all their plastic bags taking out the blankets.

I think this is the first time I see a group of beggars together getting ready to sleep on the floor along the tunnel (like those I see in TV shows). Normally I will only see a few beggars sleeping on the benches etc…

Found our way and took the subway home. And while walking through the tunnel towards the train platform, we saw some people started running like chasing after the last train.

‘I don’t think it’s the last train. Maybe they are just wanted to catch this coming training. Chinese people very kiasu one what. Like Singaporeans.’

‘Yea, but I think Chinese are too kiasu that kiasu this term doesn’t suit them anymore’

hahah. I think it’s quite funny when Angela said that.

And in the end, we started becoming kiasu too and ran to the platform as Joanne thought that it was really the last train coz we saw 2 elderly running too. Haha (we didn’t realized that elderly people can also be Kiasu)

Reached home, washed my face and headed off to lala land.

No comments: