11 December 2007

Lunch with the big bosses

104 day in Shanghai (12/12/07)

Today was another day of stress lunch. WHY?? I had lunch with my BIG bosses again. The last time was on Monday where we ate lunch at this Hong Kong restaurant in 正大广场.

It so happen that when Kim and I wanted to go for lunch at 正大广场that day, we saw them (Mr Pow, Raymond and Andy) at the lift lobby. Went off first as they were waiting for some other friends and we saw them again while waiting for the lift.

Mr Pow asked us to join them for lunch. Ate with him, Raymond, Andy and 2 other Chinese colleagues, Linda and Angel. And the whole lunch was quite weird but still not as bad as today’s.

Denis messaged to ask if we want to have lunch together. Met up at 正大广场and headed to Saizeriya, the cheap pasta café.

He was alone when he meets us so I thought only Raymond would be joining later. Went in and took our orders.

And after a while, Mr Pow, Andy, Raymond and Sharon (don’t really know her post but is quite high) came in to join us. Joined 2 tables together and we sat together. Linda and Angel joined us later on.

And all along, as expected, they were saying how cheap the place is; one plate of pasta for RMB 9 and pizza for RMB19. They called that place ‘9 dollar pasta’.

So because it was too cheap for them, they started ordering a lot of food!!! (Something like ‘I want this this this and that’ that kind?!?!)

Not long later, the whole table was full of pizza, pasta, salads, soup, chicken wings, sausages and pork rips. I think I tried almost everything in the menu. We even take away a plate of mushroom pasta and a plate of chicken wing.

The dinner was quite stressful coz I know that I am like a super small fry here with all the big big bosses around me. And when they start to joke, you know you got to at least smile even though u don’t know what is going on that kind??

Eating with Big bosses is just so uneasy (at least to me). Raymond told us that all these are part of networking and these are the people that I may need help from in the future.

And this Friday, there will be a Karaoke session with them and I think I cannot not go right?!?!

Well, at least I have got like mushroom pasta and chicken for dinner later??

When we get back to the hotel, Raymond and Denis even went in to RSVN with us as we overshot our 1-hour break and they wanted to explain to Nancy that we were having lunch with them.

But well, I doubt they will really do that and lucky Nancy wasn’t around.

Sometimes I think that we are just lucky to meet them. (I think more or less influential people in the hospitality industry)

No comments: