11 December 2007

F&B finance training. Shopping!!!

103 day in Shanghai (11/12/07)

Today was another training for the Singapore Interns and this round; F&B finance conducted by Maxim.

From 3.30pm till 5+pm, he told us things like budgeting, forecasting, Actual, P&L, etc about the hotel’s F&B department. The whole training was about figures and number. Got quite bored after awhile coz whatever he told us, we learned before.

It was near 5.30pm when the training ends and Kim, Joanne, Angela and I decided to head to Yi Café to steal some Fruit tarts =) their fruit tarts/desserts are just so nice!! Can’t wait to go there on the 26th (daddy’s birthday) to have a proper meal there!!!

After that, we went to look at the new F&B reservation room, the place where Joanne and Angela slacked most of the time.. haha

Stayed there till 5.45pm and it was back to RSVN to get our bags and end work =)

Head to CA go buy a turtle neck top for RMB 99 and accompany Kim to Tony & Guy Academy as Angela, Joanne and her wanted to book sessions for hair cut.

In the end, there weren’t any more slots during weekends and we only managed to book one session for Angela.

Went to H&M after that and I bought a new blue bag. Wasn’t really my kind of bags (got no compartments at all!!) but because Kim used her pink bag (same design) until like very convenient (throwing all her shopping bags inside it so she don’t have to carry anything on her hand), I decided to just buy it too since I have been searching for a big bag but in vain.

After H&M, the plan for the night was to go 八佰伴 for dinner at Papa John and shop at the roadside stores after that.

But since Kim wants to go to Citigroup building (just beside the hotel) to check out the air tickets availability, we decided to get Subway for dinner.

Helped Jie Ying to buy Jiao Zi on the way home and we started chatting with the fruits uncle while waiting for the Jiao Zi to be ready. And we can really crap with them. Haha (we are regular customers of the fruit stall).

And during the chat, I realized that we are the only ones that bargain with him on the price of the fruits. Haha most of the customers just take the fruits, pay and went off.

Reached home, had our dinner and went out again at about 9.30pm. Shopped along the street and bought stuff; a bag, a turtleneck, 2 earrings and 2 rings.

And now I am thinking if I should buy more stuffs back to SIN and start selling online because some of the things are really nice and it seems like it cost S$50 when it cost only RMB50.

Oh, and I guess both Kim’s and my bargaining skills improved. Haha. We started to talk nonsense like (in Chinese): ‘ it was fate that brings us to the store you know. Out of so many stores, I came here and pick up this item. It shows that I got fate with the item. So just sell me at a cheaper rate can?!?! I am very sincere to buy this thing. Blah blah blah’

Cool huh. Hahaha But I think this is how the Chinese talk. They always talk about fate and stuffs. Ha So I will just use back their style on them. Haha

But well, I will only use this when the seller don’t really allow people to bargain (some stores can’t bargain at all because their selling price is already quite low).

Another funny incident. Kim wanted buy 2 wallets for her aunts and when she asked the seller how much was it. Conversation goes like this (in Chinese)

‘How much is this??’


‘RMB180. But I can give u at RMB160’

‘Huh, so expensive. Forget it’

‘Then u tell me how much are u willing to pay?’

‘ Er.. I want 2 wallets. RMB 50 for 2. can?

‘WHAT!! Sorry cannot.’

So we just walked away

‘Miss, what about RMB250 (or sth like this) for both’

‘No. RMB 50 for both’

‘Oh, then too bad. Sorry cannot’

So we walked away again and he called us back again.

‘okie okie, y not 2 wallets for RMB220??’

‘No. RMB 50 for 2. Highest I can give is RMB 60 for both’

‘Oh, then sorry cannot. Byebye

So we went off again and he called us back again. And this repeated like 3 or more times. In the end, he sold Kim at RMB 60 for 2 wallets. Bought the wallets and we went off. He then came chasing after us wanting to sell us another wallet

‘Miss, this is a better quality one. Just RMB500.’

‘Huh, siao ar.. I bought 2 wallets for RMB 60 and I think that it is expensive already.’

‘No no, this is very good. Looks exactly like the real one. Look at the quality blah blah.’

‘It’s not I don’t want. I got no money how to buy from u. I RMB30 for one wallet already bargain until vomit blood.’

And both of us went off quickly. I think that guy is just so… I don’t know use what word to describe. Haha. Telling us ‘bye bye’ already then coming after us again to ask us to buy.. it’s just his attitude I guess..

Headed home after that, packed up a bit, settle money and off to bed.. I think I am going to be broke again.. OMG!!

No comments: