13 September 2007

Change of job!!!!!

14th day in Shanghai (13/09/07)

It’s the end of the 2nd week here. And as usual, woke up at 0730 today to get ready for work.

Had breakfast and continue slacking when we got to the department.

After slacking for 2-3 hours, it’s lunch time. Went for lunch and got back to the dept to help clear up some stuffs.

Next, Kim and I went for this make up training that was lectured by this China lady. This is like my 3rd make up lesson in my 3 years in poly. And this time, everything is in chinese.

The lady was quite nice and friendly but I just got too tired (everything that she taught, I know it).

Decided to go to the washroom to wash up but ended up celebrating my manager’s birthday.
What happened was that today was my manager’s birthday and he is involved in some training lesson.

And so when both kim and I reached the washroom door, which was just in front of the employees’ lift, all the in-house dining people came out of the lift with trolleys filled with plates of foods and a cake.

They planned to give him a surprise and we just coincidently saw them on the way. So, we followed them into the training room and celebrated his mini birthday party tgt.

By the time we are done, it was more then 15mins already and both Kim and I were planning not to go back to the make up lesson. (but her HP and my keys are inside the room so we dun really have a choice. Plus, even if we dun go back, there is nothing to do in the department)

Went back to In-house dining department and they said that Alan-the 2nd man in F&B dept, wants to talk to Kim, Yu hong and I. (We all guessed that the reason he wanted to see us is because he wants us to be in banqueting.)

Went to look for him and he started asking us abt our work in in-house and did we learn anything…blar blar blar…

So.. after the long conversation with him (dun wanna go into detail coz there isn’t anything much too), it is confirmed that all the 3 of us will be going to banquet.

HOWEVER, we are not going to do waitressing but ‘coordinators’ between the guest/organization and the hotel.

This may seem fun coz basically our job scope is that each of us will be assigned to different events, and for each event, we are to communicate between the guest request and the hotel (and sometimes, we got to be translator!!! Hope I dun fail!!!)

So from next Monday onwards, I will be having another 5 days of training and then my attachment will OFFICIALLY START. =)

And yea, I can view blogs already =) thanks to KELVIN!!!!!

No comments: