07 September 2007

work has started...

8th day in Shanghai (07/09/07)

Work somehow started officially and somehow, there wasn’t anything for us to do. So early in the morning, our manager told us that the banquet manager needs more staffs and was asking him to realize 3 local staff to them as In-House service got 3 additional staff; kim, yuhong and me.

We were like OMGOMG!!! NO PLEASE!!! Coz banqueting is going to be tiring, tough and our off-days and shifts might all be different. And I had work for banquet before and wanna try out some other departments…

So lucky to have a nice manager, he told them that he couldn’t realize us cox of blar blar blar (some excuses. Haha)

So, today we made ourselves very busy to show that we are needed in In-House service so they wouldn’t want us to change dept again.

But I think we were too efficient that we always finish our work so fast that they got nothing for us to do. (maybe they are just too slow.haha). all we did was clearing away all the dirty cutleries and rubbish on the room-service trolley (those trolley that place the food ordered by the customer for room service) by placing/throwing them into the containers/dustbins, wiping clean the new cutleries and sorting out some recycle paper.. (quite meaningless huh..)

Then one of the staff brought us to the laundry area (we volunteered to go with him so as to kill time =)) and their laundry is damn big.. We applied what was in theory into practical. We see how the staff sorts the cloths, washed them, spin dry them, iron them, dry clean them, store them and etc…

Then it was the spirit lesson again at 3pm. And I think the speaker knows al the 7 of us are Singaporean and we speak English coz the first 6 or 7 questions that he asked, he asked us directly. Haha Maybe he heard us speaking English of something =)

Lucky we didn’t throw our own face coz we got all the ans correct and I think he was quite impressed too..so that’s good.

Had Singaporean sling and it wasn’t that bad after all.. I remembered the first time I drank it was when I was on SIA to Perth… and the drink sucks like hell.. hmm, maybe is the person that made my drink the other time was lousy. This time, Gabriel did it and it was quite nice… (the bar manager said that this Singapore sling was the best he ever had, better then the one he made it himself coz there is a Singapore touch in the drink. LOL how real can it be…)

I think that this lesson is real interesting and useful to me, better then the wine appreciation course I had in school. I get to see how he made/shake the cocktail or stir the martini and stuff.. I so wanna work in the bar!!!

After the lesson was to dinner in canteen and home..

Now my accommodation is abit troublesome…

Is money an issue??? Is money an impt issue?

No comments: