22 October 2007

Change of job!!!!!

50th Day in Shanghai (19/10/07)

Have being transferred to Reservation department since Tuesday and all we did was just filing, keying data entry and sending emails to customers.

HOW BORING CAN OFFICE JOB BE!!!!!

It was never being one of my ambition to be an OL and now, I got to be one for the next 3 ½ months!!!

So what happen was on Monday, 15/10/07, there was an ‘Opera Night’ meeting and Yee Hui asked us to join in. So when the meeting started, almost all the seats were occupied (we were seating at the main table and there were some extra chairs behind us in case there wasn’t even seats for all).

Half way through, the GM came in and when he saw that all the seats were occupied, he sat behind us at those extra chairs. I wanted to give up my seat for him but I think I hesitated for a while.

So when I offer him my seat, he rejected it and said that he is fine seating behind. That that point of time, all 3 of us; Kim, Yu Hong and Josh, were super awkward. It’s like we are occupying his seat cox in actual fact, we are not needed in the meeting. We are just there to see how they plan the event and how they conduct a meeting.

So after the meeting, Yu Hong said that he hear GM asking my F&B EAM, Mr. Thomas ‘how many interns do we have? Singaporeans’

At that time, I can sense that something bad is going to happen to us.

Not long later, Yee Hui received a sms from big boss asking him to send the 2 girls’ (Kim and I) name to Mr. Thomas. He then received a reply saying that the 2 of us will be transferred to the Sales & Marketing dept after an interview.

When we told other staffs abt the news, they started saying how terrible it is to work in S&M esp under that boss. They told us that MICE and Events will be better compared to sales so during the interview, request to go to either Events or MICE.

So after hearing that, I felt quite relieved cox I am quite interested in Event and MICE.
At the end of the day, we still didn’t receive any news from the GM and when we were about to end work and go home, Yee Hui received a call asking Kim and I to go to the Reservation dept for an interview.

Went for the interview and it seems like we don’t have any other choice but Reservation dept. (They make it seems like an interview but in actual fact, we are suppose to work there no matter wat)

So we got to report to reservation dept next day. It was quite rush and Yee Hui said that he can’t really do anything coz it was the GM that want us to go there!!!

Reported to reservation on Tuesday and what we did was just doing filing of some overdue data and updating data entry. On Wednesday and Thursday, we started sending emails to the guest asking for their ETA to the hotel (a standard email is given and we edited the whole email cox it just sound so wrong. What we need to do is just to change the date and name of the guest=no brainer’s work)

We got so bored today that we asked Tracy to call Reservation Office and request us to go down to BQT for support.

But in the end, when we went down to BQT office, there wasn’t anything much for us to do. All we did was slacking and chatting with Tracy.

Then I realized that time past super fast in Reservation dept coz at least we got things to do; although it’s super boring and I think I will miss a lot of fun from BQT.

So in order not to miss out too much fun from BQT and not slacking too much for this attachment, we told Yee Hui that for all big events, we request to be support.

It’s like one stone killing 3 birds =)

Firstly, we see the whole event and learn something, Secondly, we will not miss out all the fun in BQT (still part of them), and lastly, we can still learn new and more things in Reservation dept and not slacking too much in BQT.

Hopefully Reservation dept is as fun (but I doubt so) and I can learn a lot of things from there… I wanna answer phone calls!!!

Went to H&M after work cox they have got summer sale!!!! Bought some clothes there and the quality is much better than those in Qipu. Maybe I should just spend more money in those proper shops than in Qipu…

Went to Lan Zhou Beef Noodle store for dinner again and I think that was the 3rd time I went there this week. We became regular customer there already; they can recognize us and know what we want to order.

But well, I think the food there is nice.. esp. with vinegar =)

No comments: