06 October 2007

Gina and Xinghui was here =)

28th - 30th day in Shanghai (27/09/07-29/09/07)
Finally, after 1 month, Gina and Xing Hui were here to see me =)

They were on a Jiangnan tour and their last stop was in Shanghai. So I took a day off today to accompany them.

Meet them up on 27th September night after celebrating Kim’s birthday at hong mei rd, xiao nan guo (which was said to be quite famous and expensive. But well, sue tan was paying for it so =))

Stayed over at their hotel and they showed me all the things that they have bought (it’s so typical first time tourist in China haha; bought tea, pearl, jade blar blar blar)

Slept quite early as we were all tired and I have got a whole day plan for them the next day.
Woke up at abt 8am in the morning to clean up and get ready to go out. First, I brought them to ‘Jia Jia Tang Bao’ for lunch then of to Qipu rd for SHOPPING!!!!!

We planed to shop for half a day till 4pm and head off to ‘Chen Huang Miao’ but then, we ended up at Qipu till 5+pm.

Gina bought hell lot of things from clothes(although it’s mainly winter clothing already to shoes to hair accessories to miscellanea (I think she spend like a few hundred SGD there) and we got our manicure there =)

Stupid thing I did: I got work the next day (I am working alone for an big event I am in hotel line=service) and I did manicure too. I think doing French manicure is okie but what I I did was the crystal one (which was quite long) + Some flower patterns and silver crystal on it.

So if I am to serve the customer of client with those fingernails, I would predict that I will get bad impression. So after reaching home, I went to cut off half the length of my fake nails. ARGH!!! How dumb!!!

After shopping for a long time, we headed down to meet Kim, YuHong, Angela and Hans for dinner. We had Sheng Jian Bao again =)

Another stupid thing: As Hans was driving the rest down to WuJiang rd to meet us, there was a bad jam in the tunnel linking Pudong and Puxi. They told me that they will reach in 1 ½ hr later and asked me to wait for them there. With those freaking heavy stuffs that we were carrying, I didn’t want to bring it all around.(yea, we can actually put the stuffs in Hans’s car boot).

So we wanted to go back to Gina’s hotel, put the stuffs and meet them up. But we couldn’t get a cab after waiting for freaking long and decided to squeeze in the train to go to my hse instead.
So the whole thing goes like that: go to my hse to put our stuffs, meet up the rest at WuJiang rd for dinner, went back to my home and had our hair washed at WenFeng, back to my hse and then to Gina’s hotel.

Did we like waste a lot of time travelling???

Reached back to their hotel at abt 11+pm and we were all so tired and both of them have hell lot of things to pack.

And another stupid thing that I did: their flight for the next day was 10am and they are supposed to wake up at 5am to wash up and stuffs. So if I am to stay over at their hotel, I got to wake up at that timing too…. But well, since they came all the way here to find me, I think I should just acc them.

So in the end, I woke up at 5+am, and took a cab home at abt 6am. Reached home at abt 7am and continue sleeping till 10am.

Another stupid thing I did: As my phone spoiled (the screen has got no lights so I cant see what is on the screen) and Hans lend me his. But it was a PDA phone =BIG and my pocket is very tiny winy small so I wanted to change it with YuHong (he want that PDA Phone as it can hold 2 SIM card)

Took the bus for the first time with kim and it took us 40mins to reach his house. Had our lunch and I need to go back to work again (which is another 40mins ride back) Thought that I would be late but in the end, cherry called to ask me to ‘take my time’. SO in the end, I was 15mins late.. opps.

My first event!!!

Reached there, she told me the schedule for the event for ThyssenKrupp and then.. she said ‘actually I also duno you come so early for wat coz I got nothing for you to do’
OMGOMGOMG!!!! I think I am still not getting wat is my job scope!!

Got back our passport form HR so that we can book a hotel when we were at HangZhou during the Golden week-China national day week. And it was a Saturday so I was lucky enough to see one of the HR staff to help me take my passport.

Had a short meeting/briefing with all the banquet stuffs and cherry toured me around the 2 event halls. One for Fifa women at grand ballroom and the other was for ThyssenKrupp in China Hall.

Had my dinner with Joanna and by the time I went back to the ballroom, it was cocktail already. Cherry told me to walk around to see if anyone needs help, etc.. But in the end, I was just practically standing there doing nothing.

Then it was the gala dinner. There was quite a few incident that happen during the event which gave me a few perception of people:

People tend to just listen to what they want to hear, assume and predict the meaning and ignoring the rest.

What happen was that there was this angmoh guy that came out to me and told me that he was feeling uncomfortable cox the fan was blowing at him. When I asked if he was feeling cold, he is no but it’s the fan that makes him uncomfortable so he wants us to change the direction of the fan. (Which cannot be done unless the air-con is switched off)

The organizer saw it and asked me what happen. And before I can finish saying the situation, they kept on assuming what the guest wants. So, after assuming that the guest is just cold, they went to lower the air-con temperature. So after a while, the guest came out the second time to complain. And then the 3rd time he came out; he started getting agitated and demand the air-con to be off. They were left with no choice but to switched off the air-con.

Some people ignores the feeling of others in order.

One of the organizer/guest was feeling quite cold and while one of the staff was taking a scarf for her, Cherry asked me to take off my suit for the guest and go to one of the meeting rooms to rest for awhile until the scarf is here.

In the end, I didn’t lend her coz I said that it’s going to be weird if I take off the suit there or if I go to the meeting room to take off, who is going to bring it to the guest (well, dun expect me to walk around without my suit off right?) and by the time I reached the meeting room, the scarf might already be there.

Well, somehow this 2 incident give me a perception of people. Some people might be just too eager to solve problems that they just whack in any solution before knowing the whole situation and some ppl might ignore the feelings of others in order to get things done.

Well, after the event at abt 2230, I went over to Yi Café to find Joanne cox she was working afternoon shift too. But in the end, I waited for her for 2hours till 0030 before she ended her work..

OMG!!! So freaking tired and I still duno if I am going over to Hangzhou over the Golden week.

No comments: