08 October 2007

The Quiet Night

38th Day in shanghai (07/10/07)

The night was very quiet.

WHY?!?!

This is the 4th day the 2 little puppies stayed in our small little hse. And sad to say, it’s their last day.

The story goes like this. While walking down the street on Thursday night to 八佰伴,there were a lot of puppy sellers along the street. They sell puppies for a few hundred RMB and a lot of people were playing with those puppies.

Both Joanne and Kim loves the puppies a lot coz they were like super cute. They spend a freaking long time playing with them while both Angela and I went into the shopping mall to shop first.

Okie, so after walking for quite some time in the shopping mall, we went around the area to see what was for dinner. And when we went back to八佰伴, there was this female puppy seller just outside the main door. Both Kim and Joanne were attached to the puppies again, and this time, the lady was selling the puppies for super cheap.

So, the 2 girls got so excited over the puppies and they decided to buy it (cheap, cute, lovable.. who will reject right?? w/o realizing the after-effect and consequences of owning a puppy).

They were worried that I will reject it but well, I got soft-hearted and said ‘okie’ but state that I wouldn’t help them look after the puppies. (and I did asked them qn like what will happen to the dog after 5 months, etc…) and they seems to know what to do so yea, they bought back the puppies.

So, they named their puppies Sushi and Latte and had a fun time looking after the puppies for the first night. Cleaning up their waste dun seems to be a chore to them.

And then it was the 2nd day. Joanne had some Shanghai friend over here in Shanghai and when she told them that they bought a puppy, they were quite worried. And they asked her this qn (the same qn that I asked) ‘Didn’t u realize that no one in the street buy those puppies?’

And apparently these puppies got some illness. I dun think it’s illness(like they are gg to die after a few days. They were energetic because the sellers gave them some injection that can last for a few days) but these puppies are not well taken care of since birth.

All dogs need to have some injection when they were born after the first 2 weeks and I heard that there are a total of 7 injections.

Both of them were quite worried after knowing that but well, they were deciding if they should bring them to the vet or sth. Things were fine for the next 2 days. The puppies were energetic; they can play, run, make noise and everything. It was until today, when things get a bit wrong.

It was in the morning when I woke up and saw the shit on the floor and woke Kim up to clear up the mess. The shit was still solid at that time.

Then after awhile, I think they shitted and pee again and Latte vomited. Poor Kim got to clean up all the mess. Then the 2 puppies were making so much noise that I got damn pissed off and ask Kim to put the 2 puppies outside but they can still continue making noise and irritate me.

So I pushed it further away from the hse and all of us ignored them. After awhile, they kept quiet.

At that time, Kim screamed for me. It was the toilet. It got stuck!!! I was like OMGOMGOMG!!!! The whole hse is damn smelly coz of the puppies waste and their smell and now, the toilet is stuck.

Called for the landlord for help and went to check out the puppies. They seems to be very sick at that time and I tot that they were very cold. I think Latte vomited again.

So, I bring the 2 puppies in the hse again and Latte made some noise. Kim let her out from her cage and immediately, she ran into the room, seems to be searching for sth, and then stand at a corner and started shitting. And this time the shit was semi-solid.. I was like "OMGOMGOMG!!!!!! Get rid of the dog IMMEDIATELY!!!!"

Kim got to clean up her mess again and after putting Latte into her cage, Sushi starting pooing too. And she asked me if I wanna clean up for her (cox she was holding on to sushi) and I said a straight no. Okie, very evil but from the start I already said that I am not gg to look after the puppies.

So I hold on to sushi and she started clearing up the mess again. And after placing Sushi into his newly placed newspaper cage, he started pooing again.. At that time, I know that kim is gg mad already.

So, after the toilet was fit and the dogs were settle, Kim went to take her bath and asked me to help clean up if any of the puppies get dirty again. I was like.. ‘er.. I try…’

And lucky worst… When she was bathing, Latte shitted again, and this time, it got worst, it was liquid and super duper smelly. I couldn’t take it ad knocked on JieYing’s door for help.

The moment she saw it, she couldn’t take it too.. I was screaming at that time already.. I cant let myself near the shit at all. (and the next few days is my off day. And I was telling myself that I am so not gg to look after the puppies for them and not gg to clean up all the shits…)

I couldn’t take it anymore coz all the shits and everything is driving me crazy. The whole freaking hse is damn smelly. I went over to Jie Ying’s hse to stay for awhile, I almost vomit too. I got so angry with myself for not being firm enough of not allowing them keeping the puppies.

Kim couldn’t take it as well (she is worst coz she got to clean up) and wanted to get out of the hse so badly. Her puppy has been slping, shitting, vomiting, urining the whole day and she look super weak.. at that time, kim was deciding wat to do to her Latte.. She dun want it anymore…

And while we were abt to go out of our hse, Latte gave a very weird sound that freaks me off. Then she suddenly started vomiting.. and this time, I almost went crazy. In her vomit, there a worm that was crawling around. I was so totally freak out that I dun even dare to go near her.

This is like so DISGUSTING!!!! And I heard from Chang Fang that there might be a lot more, maybe hundreds in her stomach. That was so crazy.. And we were deciding if we should just bring her to the vet. But Kim said that if she is giving away the puppy, why waste the money to see the vet.

So, in the end, we just went out and left the 2 puppies with Angela.

Went to find YuHong and bought a lot of things from Carrefour. And finally, we ate subway =)

On the way back home, Kim called Joanne to ask her some stuffs and she said that Latte vomited again and this time, there were 4 worms.. I felt really disgusted… If they dun get rid of the puppies by today, I got no idea how I am gg to survive with them tmr.

Reached home and heard from changfang a lot of things. Things like illegal to buy puppies on the streets, some licensing and stuff.

So in the end, both Kim and Joanne decided to give away their puppies. And another problem appeared. Who are they suppose to give??? The puppies’ seller wouldn’t want them as they should know the condition of those puppies, they dun wanna just leave the puppies on the road side, etc…

In the end, they decided to just leave the puppies outside an animal hospital.
So at 11pm, we took a cab down to one animal hospital (Joanna friend gave her the address) and they just put them out the shop, hopping that they will look after the puppies.

In the cab, when I look back at the 2 puppies, they seem to know what is gg on. Latte eyes seem to be teary and the 2 normally very noisy puppies became very quiet. She just lied at the corner in her cage, keeping quiet, looking down. Sushi was under Joanne arms and he didn’t fidget at all.

When we reached the place, when Joanne wanted to put Sushi back into his cage, he kept on fidgeting, which seems like he know that if he get into the cage, his fate will be different again.

And imagine the whole scene. The 2 of them were very sad, it was raining quite heavily and the taxi driver was waiting for us (to drive us back home; he was staring at us). And when they placed the cage on the floor, I can feel the heart pain from the 2 girls.

The trip to and fro was super quiet.

Well, in the end, I can just say that dun do things impulsively. One impt thing abt making any decision is to be able to bare any consequences.

I believe that they haven gave enough thought abt having the puppies which lead to all these… unhappiness within themselves.

In any way, hope that it was a lesson learned. Be it to them or to me.

Sometimes humans can be just so selfish… I got no choice but to think this way…

No comments: