11 February 2008

Beijing Trip Day 4

164 days in Shanghai (10/02/08)

Woke up to pack our things and by the time we were ready, it was 10.30am already. Left our luggage at the lobby and went to 天坛, the temple where the emperor prays

There was a performance today and as usual, it was some boring Chinese Act. Had a 2nd look at the place and I became the tour guide for the day.

Reading the guide book and recalling what the tour guide told me the last time I was here, I gave the rest a very fast tour.

After that, it was to Silk Street, a place that is similar to Qipu Rd in Shanghai. Did some shopping there, bought some wallets and bags and the guys were to bored to continue shopping.

Went to Wang Fu Jing again as Jie Ying wants to get Fu Ling Bing for her family and her Shanghai’s colleagues. Slacked at this drink store while waiting for Jia Wei’s friend to come.

Wanted to go back to the hotel, get our luggage and head off to eat steamboat but as time restricted, we went to one of the restaurant opposite the apartment and settled dinner there.

All the food came quite slowly and when it was 6.10pm, we thought that one of our dishes is not here yet and decided to cancel the order. Then we realized that we didn’t even order that dish cox we ordered another one instead. ARGH!!! Stupid!!

Headed off to the airport, checked in and all of us got super separated seats.

Reached back Shanghai and back home.

Oh, today is the 4th day of Chinese New Year and there are still a lot of people playing with fire works and fire crackers.

Esp when it was near 12am, when the chinese have the saying that during the 5th day of Chinese New Year, it is the time to lure the god of fortune out, there were a lot of fire works and fire crackers around and the whole area is damn noisy. Fire works are very nice but fire crackers are just plain irritating.

And I guess I have seen too much fire works that I won’t feel so ‘WOW’ anymore when I see it in Singapore the next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]