06 February 2008

Chinese New Year Eve!

160 days in Shanghai (6/02/08)

Plan for the day was to leave the house at 9.30am to Qipu road for more shopping for Jie Ying and Jia Wei.

In the end, all of us work up late and we left the house at 10.45am instead.

Took the cab down and shopping starts. And I hate shopping for shoes first coz it is damn hard to find anything that I will like and all the prices they code are just too unreasonable to bargain.

In the end, I didn’t get to buy my boots (wanted to buy the same black boots that look like those army one as the one I had have spoiled (turn into crocodile) but got myself a bag handbag, 2 small sling bag and 4 wallets. (Most of them are for friends. Hehe)

Jie Ying and Jia Wei got quite some stuffs too.

We cab down to 八佰伴after shopping for lunch at this Japanese restaurant. They went back home after lunch and I took a small scroll around the area before heading back home.

Went to 家德了to buy some ingredients for the Laksa we are going to have later tonight. Chinese New Year Eve eating Laksa.. hmm not interesting huh. Haha

Haiz.. this is the first time in my 20 years not having my reunion dinner with my family. This feeling is so weird.. like I totally don’t feel the new year mood!! I DON’T LIKE IT!!!

Anw, I am going to Beijing tmr and time is going to past very fast. Not long later, I will be back in SIN with the super killing weather. (Joanne just called and remind me to enjoy every single bit of coldness in China coz SIN is crazily hot and stuffy!)

Reached home, slacked a while and started using the internet. And it has been very long since I went online and chat with people. Haha

I used the internet, chatted with sis, dad and some other friends before getting ready for dinner. Sis and dad actually asked me if I have got a webcam so that they can conference with me and let me see what they are eating -_-.

After dinner, although we can hear the noise of the crackers at home, we can’t see it so we decided to go down to the neighborhood and light up the remaining crackers that Kelvin leave for us.

When we reached downstairs, all the fire crackers that everyone else are lighting up is damn nice and big that we didn’t even want to light up ours.

But well, anyway the crackers and fireworks are all damn nice. Nicer then those that Kelvin bought. It’s like during national day what we saw at the stadium. And over here, the fire crackers and fire works are just right in front of you.

In Singapore, everyone got to go to a certain place and wait for a certain time until they can get to see those fireworks. Over here, everywhere I go or turn to, I get to see it. And it is just damn beautiful.

And it wasn’t expensive buying those fire crackers. RMB100 plus to get a small one and up to RMB 1000 plus to get those really huge and nice one.

Went back home after that, did some last min packing then went off to bed. Got to wake up at 5am to get ready to go to the airport for our Beijing trip =)

Think the next time I will blog will be when I am back in SIN. Or hopefully when I come back from Beijing. =)

No comments: